Friday, June 4, 2010

The Sik


Which has been me for the last couple of days, have been battlin a cold. But decided to draw something on those lines. But perhaps I'll think of a better name for him, because I'm quite happy with the design. I might sculpt this up, as well as post the concept drawing (when I ge the scanner working).

Got the scanner working and added the sketch. I carry around a little A5 sketch book, which I tend to just sketch down idea's, nothing more than 5 minute doodles. You never know when those ideas will arrive, so I find being prepared with paper and pencil at hand, handy for when I get inspired. This sketch was just something I thought of, and the painting changed quite a bit, as I'm sure the sculpt will take more a life of it's own. Cheers.

5 comments:

  1. Yah sculpt him up! Maybe I should get sick so I can channel the germs into a cool piece too ;) Love this guy, can't wait to see a sculpt... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andrew-

    This is a beautiful blog, and this `Sik' is a great painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much for the kind words! :)
    I hope to start doing the digital maquette, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Sik is great! I think I encountered it once or twice in the past...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cool, love the design! :)

    ReplyDelete